Ladybur Housing estate in London Ladybur Housing estate in London Ladybur Housing estate in London

Residents Information

Where a sense of community spirit is encouraged

Paying your rent

As a team we are here to assist with any queries or concerns you might have about your rent. It is very important that you pay your rent on time, so if you find you are having difficulties, please do get in touch with us as soon as possible so that we can give you useful advice on how to resolve them.

Making a complaint

We do our best to give you a good service, but sometimes things go wrong.  We may not always know when this happens, so please do tell us – then we can try to put things right.

We take all complaints about our service seriously, because they make it clear to us where we need to improve.  We do our best to deal with your complaint promptly and fairly. We let you know who is dealing with your problem, and what action we are taking to sort it out. If you make a complaint, it is kept strictly confidential.

To make sure we have all the facts we need to investigate the problem fairly, we have a set procedure for you to follow. There are three stages to Ladybur’s complaints procedure:

Stage 1 - The informal process

We will make every effort to resolve the matter informally. Most issues can be resolved by an informal chat with the estate manager or secretary. However, if you are not happy with how they handle it, or if you feel that it isn’t appropriate to take up your problem with them, then you should go to stage 2 of the complaints procedure.

Stage 2 - Written process

You should write to the estate manager who will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days. They will investigate and send a full written reply within 14 working days.

Stage 3 - Appeal to Management committee

If you are unhappy with the way your complaint was dealt with at stage two, you should appeal to the management committee by writing to the secretary who will respond within 21 working days of receiving the complaint.

If you want to put your case in person you may bring a friend along, or ask a tenant representative to come too.  After the meeting, the panel lets you know what they have decided, by writing to you within five working days. If your complaint isn’t resolved to your satisfaction after this stage we are not able to take it any further within the Co-operative.

Independent Housing Ombudsman

If you aren’t happy with the decision made by the committee, you may take your problem to the Independent Housing Ombudsman. The Ombudsman checks that you have taken your complaint through all the stages of our complaints procedure, before he takes it on. If it appears that we are at fault the Ombudsman decides what needs to be done to put things right.

Housing Ombudsman Service, 81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN
Telephone: 0300 111 3000

Where else can I get help?

Your local MP or councillor may be able to help you. You can also get independent advice from a solicitor, a Citizens' Advice Bureau, law centre or housing aid advice centre. You can request details of how to complain to the appropriate local authority from the Estate Manager.

What if I make a complaint and it isn’t upheld?

Even in cases where a complaint isn’t upheld (agreed with), we will still make every effort to reach an agreement as we aim to provide a good service to all our tenants.

Ways to pay

View our payment diagram below to see the payment options available to you at a glance.

View ways to pay Ladybur Housing

Useful Links